Thursday, April 4, 2013

Mini PC - MK809 - USB Driver not recognised by ADB

It took me a while to figure out how install USB driver for MK 809, but I did it. And I did it several times using different methods because I couldn't make adb to recognise it. Finally, I came across the post that suggested to add driver vendor ID  to the "C:\Users\<your username>\.android\adb_usb.ini" file. I did it and it WORKED!!! Here is it looks:


# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
# USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE.

0x2207 MiniPC driver

I'm so happy I can now debug my application on Mini PC from Eclipse. The only sad part is that my application requires WIFI and what I discovered is that when you check "USB / Connect to PC" in Android settings, then WIFI gets disabled. This seems like a limitation of this tiny device :(

-= Oleg =-

2 comments:

  1. hey .. nice article , but can u tell me how to do the same in ubuntu .. i tried editing
    /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules files as mentioned on official android development site .. but its not helping in anyway .. any lead from you will be appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Oleg, but this didn't help. What other settings did you change?

    ReplyDelete